AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Since marriage and religon is a hot topic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 3/22/2015 14:48 (#4469796 - in reply to #4469353)
Subject: RE: Since marriage and religon is a hot topic

Southeast Wyoming

berggrenfarms - 3/22/2015 10:15

I don't believe I ever said I NEVER WANT to get married, all I ever said was I don't feel like I HAVE to get married to have a happy and committed relationship. Youre right there is a huge difference between the two.

Also since it has become a hot issue on the thread, Ill tell you the "rest of the story" I didn't include it because I didn't feel it was important to the original question. Commitment was far from our only issue, trust me. Both of us were far from perfect. She knew that I didn't care if we got married, but like I explained to her, as long as I was with her and happy, it didn't matter to me if we were married or not.

My ex and I were together, one night we had a fight, like couples do, we made up and went about life like normal. A few days later she came to me and said she felt like she needed some space. I asked her to try and explain why, and she said that she couldn't but to trust her and that everything would be fine. I thought she would just stay at our friends house for a few days and everything would go back to normal, instead she decided to get an apartment, which I protested, because I felt like we couldn't fully work on things if we weren't under one roof, but again she assured me that it was only temporary and things would be better than they ever were before. So she got the apartment and moved out, in the meantime she suggested that we should see some relationship counseling and of course I agreed. We started seeing this counselor, first individually, and then together. All the while we were going out together and things actually were looking up. While at the counselors everything came up, such as her inability to be honest with me, she would hold things in and not tell me when something bothered her and they would just build up until she would explode and we would have fights. Every time Id beg her to tell me when things bothered her and she always promised shed try, but it always happened again. Also things like my sometimes quick temper and tendency to lash out when Im upset. During the counseling sessions I told her that I had planned on suprising her with an engagement ring on the day she graduated college.Then one day, she said that she needed more space, to find herself. But again she assured me that we would pick things right back up where we left off, and that she was going to stop seeing the counselor, because "she was asking questions that I don't want to answer right now". There wasn't much I could say, so that's what happened. She went and found herself, which ment partying and doing whatever else with who knows. While I continued to be faithful to her and our relationship and see the counselor on my own.  Months went by with barely any contact from her, but when we did talk, she was always dropping hints that soon we could finally start fixing us, while I continued to have hope that things would work out between us. Then out of the blue she called me, said that she still loved me and wanted to come back and start working on our relationship again, which I agreed to immediately, well that went on for about a week, then she text me one day and said that she didn't love me anymore and that it wasn't going to work out. Which started me on a fairly deep depression coupled with the fact that I found out she was shacked up with another guy already.

That's my story for all of you that questioned how committed I was to the relationship. At our last session together, even the counselor remarked that it seemed like I was the only one who wanted a marriage while she wanted a wedding.

I do value the opinions given, Ive read them all and some are good, and have given me a different perspective, and others, not so much. But all I asked was if anyone else felt the same way I did. I know that I feel differently than most and being different is automatically wrong. 

That truly is a sad story; sad commentary on where society is today.   BUT it is all predictable, yes, especially given today's common attitude about marriage and the teachings of scripture  (You may want to check out the subject line of this thread.)

Marriage and "saving one's self" for marriage are all the subject of Biblical teaching.  God created a bond within a sexual relationship which if almost impossible to break.  He did that for a purpose, man has perverted it.

You and this teenager apparently created a bond, an unholy bond, which held you together.  For whatever reason she apparently has created another such bond.  I'd say the both you and her are in a pretty confused state.  I recommend counselling with a good Christian counselor.

There is hope.  I have been there and still struggle with the hurt but I can still smile and laugh and still have hope that others can learn from my mistakes, and their own.  AND I have learned to forgive, and hope to never forget that I have forgiven.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)