AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Since marriage and religon is a hot topic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JRthefarmer
Posted 3/21/2015 08:18 (#4467389 - in reply to #4466397)
Subject: RE: Since marriage and religon is a hot topic

SESD
Lots of good advice. I agree with everything Fry said. I have said many a time that I could probably marry millions of people in the world also. Marriage is about making it work, not that magic person where everything is easy. Everyone will have problems, but it's about the commitment. The knowing that the other person is all in, for life. That the commitment you made binds you and the other person to make your relationship work. In your situation you say that it didn't matter if you were married or not. Obviously you prefer not. The feelings you had may have been the same as someone who was married, but you were the only one. She wanted the commitment of marriage, and there is really not another commitment of that magnitude in a relationship here on earth. Feelings are ever changing, unconditional love is that love you CHOOSE to have. Good and bad times. Like a parent and their child--they may not have anything in common, the child may do everything in life to lose the parents love, but it's the choice of loving them no matter what that keeps the bond.

If you aren't ready for marriage, I wouldn't think about marrying. Don't fool the person on the other end either about your intentions. If you really want to be serious about Gods instruction and making it work, do it His way. No getting the "milk for free". Don't be moving in together to play pretend marriage. Get to know the other person, their goals, their desires, their faith, their values, and from that you can make that decision that you are going to love that person unconditionally and show that through the bond of marriage.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)