AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have been told by a bunch of different posters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 2/1/2015 15:17 (#4354993 - in reply to #4354880)
Subject: So IALTO is it your intention

Red River Valley
to pay whatever it takes to rent ground right up to the point were your broke, just because you are afraid their might be a young buck willing to do the same.

about two weeks ago the Bois de Sioux (sp) watershed district rented some land in Big Stone Co. it owns if my info is correct ( supplied from a friend from Northern big stone county ) This land was rented on a one year contract last year it rented for $400.00 Plus per acre, This year the High bid was $265.00 ish per acre it was rented back by the same guy who rented it last year the second highest bid when they opened the bids was $160.00 per acre and there were only 3or 4 bids on each piece I think there were a total of 4 parcels. Sounds like they also had a parcel in Ottertail Co. up for rent and it received at high bid near $170.00 down from $350.00 ish last year on this parcel there wer 5 bids that ranged from $78.00 to the $170.00 with 3 of the bids in the $130- $160 area.

So my question are

1) How much of a drop in rents came on these pieces that were up for Public bid.

2) Where were all of these so called young guns that will rent anything at any price

3) and where is all of the old money that is suppose to be chasing these rents I mean it was a public auction you didn't even need to go behind anybody's back to rent it just show up at the rental auction and go a quick 600 acres for all of these young guns you claim are full of cash and looking to expand.

will be interesting to see what the stuff on the grant Co. traverse co. line brings for rent when it goes to auction $400+ last time I believe according to some it will come in no less me I doubt it.

I truly doubt that the guy's that have been chasing rents at every rent auction have the ability to chase any more than they have and will be lucky to hold together what they are currently farming at the levels they are paying let alone be able to talk there banker into anymore.

those that have not been chasing land are smart enough or have enough that they do not need to chase anymore at this time.

btw very little is rented from relatives but yes most of what I rent is from people I consider friends if not when I started to farm their ground most certainly after we had worked with them a few years. but then as I have said before I have never rent a piece of ground at a rental auction and doubt I ever will.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)