AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have been told by a bunch of different posters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 2/1/2015 10:32 (#4354174 - in reply to #4353778)
Subject: Jpartner we went to one year leases as they expired three years ago

Red River Valley
So yes these leases were all expiring leases.

In the fall I talked to all of the Landlords told them how things look at that time and stated that I could with prices where they were only offer them X for rents, they all agreed that they would rather wait until more was know on this years crop an see if crops had any bounce to them we agreed to wait until after the Jan. report and look at it at that time. The option was to also wait until the finish of the Insurance pricing period which after the Jan. report none of them really thought that it would change much into Ins. pricing period.

If there had been any mutli-year leases they would have been honored.

In 2012 the year we had the biggest windfall of my farming career every one of these land lords were given a bonus and I rent from what I consider the best of people, people who I would invite to X-mas dinner. I have been fortunate in my life to have been able to find good people to rent from maybe because the fact that to me chasing land has never been a big issue. I have never once went to a land rental auction to bid on rented land and feel very fortunate to have been able to not need to.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)