AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have been told by a bunch of different posters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

beilttoG
Posted 2/1/2015 09:55 (#4354090 - in reply to #4354067)
Subject: RE: I have been told by a bunch of different posters

US
zmracing - 2/1/2015 09:46

Unless someone has sold land recently I would think it might be too early to brag about how good of on investment land has been. I think most of the land around here that was bought after 2009 will not cash flow this year and the real estate taxes are getting higher fast. 

you can say that about everything

if you bought the DOW in early 2008 and sold in early 2009 then you took a blood bath

if you bought the DOW in early 2009 and sold about 4 weeks ago you look like a freaking genius

land is no different and over time will still be a good investment. lot of ground bought in the 80's and 90's for $350-$1800/acre now worth $4000-$15000/acre. I don't know about you but that's a pretty good return on investment if you never pulled a single crop off. Couple that with owning it and farming it along with selling $8 corn and $18 beans (if he sold in 2009 he never got to sell those numbers). Its a no brainer.

trading a piece of ground for some vacation home in FL doesn't make good sense. you want a vacation home, fine. go buy it with cash. don't sell what you already have. if you don't have the cash to buy a vacation home you shouldn't be buying it. pretty simple

Edited by beilttoG 2/1/2015 09:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)