AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have been told by a bunch of different posters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jpartner
Posted 2/1/2015 09:07 (#4353969 - in reply to #4353893)
Subject: RE: I have been told by a bunch of different posters

Cottonman1964 - 2/1/2015 07:47 The word is renege. Are you a racist or do you just have a limited vocabulary?

Not racist, and yes, no Harvard Scholar here.  This is just one of things that get's me all fired up.  When did it become acceptable to agree to multi-year rental agreements that we know are to high, just because we gotta have the acres, or can't let the neighbor have it - knowing full well that our intentions are to come back crying to the LL that we can no longer pay that price?  Last time I checked around here, those that are "reneging", have really nice toys, extra vacation houses and the such.  When the day comes that I am a LL, unless there is some unexpected hardship like a major illness in the family, a deal is a deal. And when the lease comes up for renewal, there will be a new tenant.  There are lot of really good farmers that would like more ground but have enough honor to know that they cannot pay those prices for 5 years ( and likely neither can the high bidder as is being proven currently), so they won't even bid.  I often wonder where in the generations this became acceptable behavior.  No way would my grandfather's generation do that....but somehow now, my generation and younger think its ok.....

Edited by jpartner 2/1/2015 09:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)