AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmland investments take a hit
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 8/20/2014 09:52 (#4028279 - in reply to #4028254)
Subject: RE: 1970's

OldMcdonald - 8/20/2014 09:30

Thanks Boone... and I'd have to say I agree with your statement "Unfortunately, such a fund probably doesn't exist, or at least I'm not aware of one."

I too, evision a REIT operating as you indicate. That is actually how they are supposed to operate, go figure. All too often however, i find most of these outfits are just run and gun operations built on eye-popping dividends to suck more investors in, goose the stock performance and sell more higher prices shares and lower priced bonds... to keep paying the eye-popping dividend. Your typical Ponzi Scheme.

I'm not sure i can find many REITS who have a payout yield that is actually in line with rent receipts. Maybe, but i generally stay away from the sector as a rule. When the dividend looks too good to be true, IT NEARLY ALWAYS IS. I guess it's no different than these Tech companies using their IPO cash to undercut competitors by selling $5 bills for $4 just to score market share growth, and the horrible earnings performance this strategy generates a seeming afterthought for investors. Another sector I avoid as a rule lol.
Mcdonald, you have a very good understanding of these investments. Thanks for your keen insight. Lots of people do not understand these issues you you enlightend us with, and will benefit greatly from your information. You are a wealth of knowledge in these areas.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)