AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To all the uberbears. What will make you happy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 7/30/2014 07:03 (#3992871 - in reply to #3992835)
Subject: RE: To all the uberbears. What will make you happy?

Saronville NE
Not that this was Rich's point but Im gonna give a different take on it. $7 corn IS the reason we have promblems now, if not for $7 corn we wouldn't have $400 rent, we wouldn't have $12k ground, we wouldn't have $350 seed, higher fert, higher chem, higher machinery. Now did we need more then $2? Yes we did, did we need $7, now we didn't, if corn woulda of run and just bounced between $3-4, everybody woulda made money, been happy as heck to have way more then $2 and none of our inputs woulda run to where they are now, yes they would of gone up, but not like they are now, now we are handling more money and making the same as we did when it was $2.

I agree that we need young people to come home and we need our small towns to survive, will be interesting to see if the ones who have come home now with the big profits last few yrs, stay home if times get tuff or go back to their jobs in the big city.

On another note, and which I will take criticism for, I payed more taxs when corn was $2-2.50 then I have the last 5 yrs, I truthfully made more money when corn was cheap then I made last few yrs, but that's pry cause Id didn't grow much corn when corn was cheap, grew other things. I also was on the no way it can stay this high camp, so it took till 12-13 before I didn't have any corn sold with a $3 in front of it, just finishing hauling last of 13s corn out yesterday and today and have a $3 in front again. That's why on the cattle side, way too many guys thinking like I did with corn, it just cant go their, yes it can, it can go higher then you ever imagined.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)