AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To all the uberbears. What will make you happy?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kggonzo
Posted 7/29/2014 16:25 (#3991919 - in reply to #3991882)
Subject: RE: To all the uberbears. What will make you happy?

Northeast Nebraska and Candelaria Philippines
I wouldn't call myself an uberbear, but here are some of my thoughts.

First off, I think there will be plenty of opportunity in the next several years to sell corn at $5.00 plus. I think more people will be inclined to take advantage of that in the future.

Second, it's everyone's personal right to be a cheerleader for higher or lower prices. It's going to depend on what side of the market you are on.

Third, I think these lower prices will GREATLY help young people that are aggressive. $8.00 corn and it's to hard to compete with the big boys. AND, none of the old guys want to quit, And all landlords see is $$$ signs. These lower prices might change some of that. It also might loosen up some of this rental ground that is in the hands of high dollar paying tenants.

Forth, Inputs will come down, and there will be an opportunity for a guy that wants to shop to get some values.

Fifth, I suppose if you're selling ground you want the grain prices high, if you're wanting to buy ground this year a temporary decline in grain prices would be good.

Sixth, Low prices cure low prices. I'm thinking once the gov't decides not to mess with RFS too much, someone will pony up 500 million and build another Ethanol plant.

I know these prices cause stress to some. But if someone else cheers the market down or cheers the market up, please don't take it personal. Some of this is "just business" and there will always be winners and losers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)