AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This just doesn't seem right to me....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

martin
Posted 8/2/2012 19:13 (#2519058 - in reply to #2519022)
Subject: RE: This just doesn't seem right to me....

a) So what if a farmer normally harvests his corn as silage - or at least a portion of it for silage?  Are you saying these farmers should not be eligible for crop insurance?

b) So, what if a farmer normally harvests his corn for grain, and then will go back and harvest the stalks and uses them for..... ethanol... or bedding.... or ?????  Yeah, harvesting corn stover for ethanol is not now a normal practice, but it has been discussed.... and could be a normal practice in the future.    Are you saying these individuals should not be eligible for crop insurance?

There was a point in the past where a livestock farmer could not insure his corn as silage. It had to be insured as grain, even if he normally harvested a major portion as silage.  That was not fair either, was it ?

Brad, I gather you do not have livestock, because it seems like you do not understand the livestock industry.  That is sad, so sad, because the livestock industry is one of the major consumers of your product - shelled corn.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)