AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 8/10/2011 22:46 (#1906801 - in reply to #1905849)
Subject: Re: This forum

I experienced crawl before Facebook even existed - and I have never been a game player. My kids were just pups back then and weren't using a computer.

I pretty much know what caused it. I am ALWAYS trying something new. If I see a software title, I will download it and give it a try even if I don't think it is something that I will make use of. By doing this, I will at least know the capabilities of it and can advise others on it if they are looking for something along those lines. Anyhow, I will try software out and usually end up uninstalling it. Over time, I believe the Windows registry gets polluted with crap - since the uninstall process almost always leaves crud somewhere or another on the computer. That registry is one of my biggest gripes about the Win OS. I use a run-of-the-mill Dell at work. I'm on my 3rd one in 8 yrs - all have run XP. I don't experience crawl on these - but I very, very seldom install anything on it that is not preloaded by our IT dept. - don't have much use for anything but what they provide. Regardless, I have continued my ways since going Mac and have never experienced anything close to crawl. My iMac got slower after installing Lion but an upgrade to 4 GB of RAM (was running 2) cured that. She's as quick now as it was 4 yrs ago when I brought her home.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)