AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tim42163
Posted 8/7/2011 14:22 (#1900459 - in reply to #1900354)
Subject: PC cost savings are soon spent.

Western Iowa
bwire - 8/7/2011 12:28

McCartman - 8/7/2011 12:09 PPP still requires time and money that a Mac buyer would not have to invest.
 That backs up what I was telling you last week - I/T people get in a rut and it's impossible to pry them out of it. Just think of the BILLIONS in lost productivity in this country with people still using that old dinosaur compared to the latest OS's!

Yep owning a PC requires one to be conscious.

I was trying to think of how to recall your previous statement; the business world is waiting for Windows 8 & 9.

That Cupertino calif based gadget maker is a nice target for fun too. Interesting when making the comparision of your Dell to Apple you left out the cost factor which was the subject you were comenting to.

Interesting you brought up the cost issue. In that way it seems that your opinion is much like our PC computer doctor. Last year, he said negative things about Apples when we said we were considering purchase of a Mac.

After I looked back at our maintenance costs spent with him during the past 10 years, (spent on anti-virus software, his virus removal/hard-drive clean-ups, and the re-installs and Windows upgrades). The PC's ultimately were much more expensive than Macs would have been. On top of that, the costs of lost time we spent trying to use our PC's. I remember my nearly new PC kept locking up and I couldn't get my cash flow printed in time for the appointment with my lender. My pre-teen daughter had downloaded a game that screwed up the system. (My expensive Norton Anti-Virus was running at the time.) We soon had two PC's for insurance that one would be working when the other crashed. Sure, PC's are cheaper initially...

I now realize our computer guy was more focused on his job security than our bottom line.

Edited by tim42163 8/7/2011 14:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)