AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

This forum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

bwire
Posted 8/8/2011 19:52 (#1902831 - in reply to #1902285)
Subject: Re: No, you're assuming much

Rock County, MN

For business venues having onsite IT support 24/7 Norton seems to be okay but it's still a resource hog and without a complete software reset on a schedule a system may fail.

I don't recommend Symantec products, I use ESET, F-Secure, Avira, Jetico and few others you wouldn't recognize for computer security.

Not many PC's designed for use of XP can hold a candle to any MACBOOK, but include the level of components and then it's a different animal all together an still quite less expensive than the MAC. Apparently you didn't a PC configured for your needs; you shouldn't have needed to know how to get one. Your Geek advisors may have given you a bum steer eh?

Find better advisors

Some of your games seemed to slow the XP down but it is due to overdriving the graphics engine; most likely. Not that a properly configured XP system can't run the games requiring heavy video memory capabilities but yours doesn't.

Case in point against my advise a fella bought a low end laptop with XP after Vista had been released. Now this low end unit was a single core machine with 800MHz processor with total supported 600MB Memory. Not long after he witnessed a MAC in use and decided that MS was junk and like watching paint by comparision, go figure. The MAC is multiple core machine of course a Geo Metro wouldn't have chance if against a Z28 Camaro for exibition of speed.

Don't blame the PC for the disingeuous service you received.

Edited by bwire 8/8/2011 19:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)