AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else adopted?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Hereford Guy
Posted 2/10/2017 20:06 (#5831197)
Subject: Anyone else adopted?

Hey all,

I have no idea if this is even the right forum to post this but......

Anyway, I was adopted as a baby, less than a week old. Lately my wife has been encouraging me to try and find my biological parents since it's always kind of been something that bothers me. My adopted parents were/are good people but my Mom (who I felt closest too) passed away from cancer in 2005 and my Dad and I get along okay but we are not close and lack shared interests in much of anything. My maternal grandparents probably had as much of a formative influence on me as anyone since I spent lots of time with them and they were much more in tune with things I enjoyed (farming, hunting, fishing, good food and conversation), but I would like to have some kind of a relationship with my biological parents.

Has anyone here been adopted and searched for and found or been searched for by their biological family? I realize there are a number of issues at work here that are different for everyone. If anyone would be willing to share their experiences I'd appreciate it. This is a bit of an emotionally difficult decision.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)