AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any young people still have commitment in the world
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Beerslayer
Posted 4/11/2021 12:09 (#8945675 - in reply to #8944865)
Subject: RE: Do any young people still have commitment in the world

So much good (mostly) IMO thoughts here.

For finding a mate, my wife says best way is to take a class that interests you. Local community colleges offer all sorts of things. Was me looking, I'd take a gardening class, because the women I've known who were gardeners, including incumbent wife of 16 years are the type of kind and nurturing types that make good wives and mothers. Gardening and art classes are great that way.

Met my first ex wife in church. She was pure evil draped in religion. Oh, and was a horsey type. I owned land, horses, and cattle when we married. 14 years and she managed to dissapate everything I had before and everything I made and left me with $40k in debt. Took 15 more years of hard work to recover. Recommend Farmers Only but run from any woman that loves horses.

Consider an introvert for farm life. They don't need to be around people, generally find the exhausting, and can likely be content with your company.

As others have said, work on yourself and build your life and assets. When you are over 30 and have assets, no kids, and are looking to be married, you'll be a unicorn, very high value.

There's a lot of anti prenup sentiment here on NAT, but I say get a prenuptial agreement. No matter what. Have one with incumbent wife, was very revealing of her character. She was reasonable. If they fight it, move on. Yes there's all kinds of ways they can be broken. Mine is worthless now but was a wonderful test of both our characters. We still get along very well.

The discussion above about hypergamy and monkey branching are spot on. Once the baby urges become unbearable, most women will be looking for the man who can best take care of her and her egglets.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)