AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any young people still have commitment in the world
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

WestMIguy
Posted 4/9/2021 07:13 (#8941219 - in reply to #8940990)
Subject: RE: Do any young people still have commitment in the world

You’ll meet the right woman when the time is right. I was in a similar situation to you (dating scene wise, not broken engagement) I was 27 worked day and night. All the local girls I knew were already engaged or married. I was not really meeting new people. I was beginning to think singleness was God’s plan for my life. Then out of no where I meet my wife. There was one catch though. She had taken a job out of state, and was going to move away a month latter. I asked her out and kept building the friendship after she moved away. 9 months latter she quit her job and moved back to Michigan. 9 months after that we were married. One recommendation I have for you is if you meet someone, have a frank discussion about what you are looking for in life and in marriage after the first couple dates. No sense wasting either of your time if you are not both headed in the same direction.

Edit to add: I don’t know what your beliefs are, but I would recommend getting a copy of The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller. My wife and I read it while dating, it is a great book on marriage.

Edited by WestMIguy 4/9/2021 07:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)