AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do any young people still have commitment in the world
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

davpal
Posted 4/9/2021 11:07 (#8941651 - in reply to #8941214)
Subject: RE: Do any young people still have commitment in the world

Mid Michigan
Thinkstoomuch can I use that "monkey branching" expression? Got a good laugh out of me today. We usually say they go from boat to boat without getting their feet wet but I kind of like the monkey branching terminology too. To the OP. 7 years is about the average length of a relationship before two people start to get tired of each other. I can tell you she will probably be back and you will think it's going to work out but it more than likely won't. Breaking up is like tipping over the pop machine. It has to rock back and forth a few times before it falls completely over. And the pain and hate you feel will be just like it was this time exept it won't last as long. Relationships just run out of gas. I've always said a marriage should have a certificate that both parties have to sign on to every 5-7 years and you can opt out and move on if you want to. People just run out of interest in each other and it's time to try to be happy, the key word is "happy" with somebody else. Some people think things are good because they're content but the other person is disconnecting and becoming miserable and resentful of the other person. The "mud bog" was fun the first time you took her there when she was 21 years old. When the hubby is still going ten years later at 31 they have changed so much in those ten years and he still thinks mudbogging is fun and she gets to a point of despising anything to do with those hobbies. Now she notices her much more mature co-worker or boss who does adult grown up things and she becomes attracted to that type of man and now he's raising your kids and you're still going to the mud bogs wondering what you did wrong. Nothing really, just the way people grow up. No this isn't my story, just an analogy or observation I've made over the years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)