AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? About church finances credit card for expenses
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

clevepreach
Posted 4/7/2021 10:38 (#8937935 - in reply to #8936798)
Subject: RE: ? About church finances credit card for expenses

Cleveland, MS. Own small farm near Booneville, MS

The following is just my opinion and is worth exactly what you are paying for it.

1) If the people who would be handling this theoretical credit card are not completely trustworthy they need to be replaced by someone who is.

2) In any situation where money is involved there needs to be at least two, but preferably three, sets of eyes on the account. EVERY purchase needs to be verified with a receipt. Companies/businesses issue credit cards all the time for their employees to use for business expenses. The company bookkeepers scrutinize those credit card bills every month to make sure that all purchases are legitimate. If your bookkeeper/accountant is not willing to do this maybe you need to find a more dedicated bookkeeper.

3) No one should have unfettered access to the money. Everything should be verified whether you do a credit card or continue to reimburse people for purchases using their personal funds.

I know that some of the above sounds rather harsh and extreme but in my experience access to "free money" is one of the greatest and most often succumbed to temptations available to humankind.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)