AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shop with living quarters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 3/8/2021 03:56 (#8879439 - in reply to #8875927)
Subject: RE: Shop with living quarters

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
thinkstoomuch - 3/6/2021 08:20

Not the OP but I am wondering the proverbial question: what would you do different from what you know today?

If I was to do it again I would have maybe put a second bedroom in it. Space for the building was part of the problem as it was built on a pad on a side hill, so lot size had to be taken into consideration. We used electric heat in it, hot water heater was in bathroom, electric as well. Tried to keep it as trouble free as we could. It probably only gets stayed in only under 15 days a year, but is used to eat meals and break room on the weekend for my brother and his family as he his a hobby farmer, has a full time job in town. I realize the whole argument about a shop and living quarters not being the most compatible. However this shop is more for tool storage, place to store tractor, 4 wheeler, side by side. Almost more like a home garage, not used for any large scale welding. Just to make a repair, bolt storage, etc. I do like the big shop doors on opposing ends so you can drive straight though with trailer, etc. I would also like to add a safety switch to use generator power if power went off and it was one of the few nights I stayed there. Also we just painted the concrete floors in bathroom and kitchen, put carpet in bedroom.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)