AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shoulders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milkman1
Posted 3/16/2021 13:16 (#8897079 - in reply to #8878137)
Subject: RE: Shoulders

Central Illinois
My wife had rotator surgery in Dec of 2019 and getting along great!! ( https://www.rushortho.com/doctors/nikhil-verma) Chicago, IL
She had the platelet-rich plasma (PRP), a concentrated source of healing factors taken from the patient’s own blood. Dr. explained that after a blood draw, platelets and liquid plasma are separated out in something called a centrifuge. Then, the platelets and plasma are re-injected into the injured area to stimulate and maximize healing. This cost me $3000 out of pocket because my insurance did not cover it. She is able to use her arm and shoulder like she never had rotator cuff tears!!! And her's were BAD!! Very convinced this extra cost was well worth it!!! She is still quite active at 62 and able to do all her gardening once again.
Everyone says the therapy is Treacherous......but hers was not the case. She was able to get through it with very minimal pain meds. Also, highly recommend the Breg Polar Care ice machine. This helps with all the swelling and pain during the first 2 wks. But, most of all DO ALL THE THERAPY just as your DR. SAYS!!! This is extremely important to heal right!!! Hope this helps someone considering it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)