AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running a new water line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 2/21/2021 21:06 (#8849928 - in reply to #8849496)
Subject: RE: Running a new water line

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Well just my thoughts are to keep it simple. If you think you have copper line running all the way you can maybe hire someone with a thumper to find the line. However if it's plastic and no copper wire buried with it for finding the line you will need to witch it or just start digging. First you didn't say if power to well runs in same trench or where it comes from. You need to figure that out first, I would turn power off to well before digging if you don't know.

I would splice into waterline with CTS (copper tube size) HDPE 1" poly pipe and a CTS brass compression T fitting, I would also put a brass 1" curb stop valve in that line under ground out of the way, close to well or well house. You can use PVC pipe to make a riser pipe w/cap so you can turn this new line off with a water wrench. Then use brass fittings or stainless to plumb into hydrants. Like all others said don't use a wheel gate valve for a shut off inside building or underground. If plumbing in a well house or basement I would use a good ball valve, do not use 1/4 turn PVC valves. They will fail over time. Also don't put a ball valve underground in a riser tube, they will also fail over time or handle will rot off. Only use 1/4 turn brass curb stops if you want it to last and be trouble free.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)