AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Running a new water line
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GrainGrower37
Posted 2/21/2021 18:40 (#8849496)
Subject: Running a new water line

WI
I’m not a livestock guy myself but this group probably has the most experience with installing water lines.

I’m currently have no outdoor water except for hose spigots on my house. I’d like to put two or three yard hydrants out to my shop and buildings. They are about 50-100 yards from the house. The well is actually right between the house and the buildings. I see my self as having two options:

1. Run a new line out of the house basement foundation underground to my destinations. This avoids any fittings outside underground except for right at the hydrants. That’s it’s only advantage.

2. Find the water line between the well and the house and tee into it and run to the hydrants that way. This is logistically much easier. My only worry is having that tee underground and having it leak at some point. What’s a bulletproof way to install this tee?

I’ve never accessed the waterline between the house and well, but I imagine it is copper? It is copper where it comes into the house through the basement slab. I was just going to start digging about 5’ away from the well casing in the path between it and the house to find the line. Any suggestions there?

I want these hydrants to be installed with big enough water line that they just run the well pump continuous when filling water tanks so the well pump doesn’t cycle on and off (less pump wear and tear). Is 1” big enough or is 1.25” cheap insurance to ensure that happens?

Any and all tips are appreciated!
Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)