AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who grows corn without using NH3?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tom N
Posted 2/22/2021 15:27 (#8851244 - in reply to #8850880)
Subject: RE: who grows corn without using NH3?

Missouri river bottom south of Sioux City, IA
Last year was my first year using Y drops and coulters. My intent the first year was to make sure the plumbing worked as each row had two valves and orifices involved plus the design of the Y drop. I applied 40% through the Y drops and 60% though the coulter. I could get 50 gpa through the Y drops or coulter and had no problem using the combo so the plumbing works. This year I’m going to lay out test strips and compare both application options against using the combo.

I redesigned the Y drops this winter to get way from the pipe “T” fitting which could cause the 3/8 polyethylene tubing to kink in the pipe “T”. The drop hoses are fully adjustable using the 45 degree elbow to get the best angle where the hoses don’t wear out when hitting the ground and the 32% is laid within two inches or closer to the row. You can see in the pic it lays the 32% close to the row. I do use a nitrogen stabilizer mixed in with the 32% and I have center pivots if rain does not come within 10 days. I don’t like laying 32% on the ground without know it may not get down to the roots.

Tom N.

(32% next to row (full).jpg)

(New 2021 Y drops (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 32% next to row (full).jpg (185KB - 78 downloads)
Attachments New 2021 Y drops (full).jpg (100KB - 82 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)