AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer boom remote
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/18/2021 19:48 (#8843040 - in reply to #8842938)
Subject: RE: Sprayer boom remote

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I believe a DPDT switch would do it. One half would be wired like my previous drawing. The other half of the switch would provide the constant 12V UNLESS the switch is in the middle. There would be several equivalent methods but I believe my drawing should work

In my drawing below with the toggle UP, the each center terminal contacts its lower terminal, the valve gets 12V and the Trigger comes from the Spray Controller, in other words normal operation.

If the toggle switch is DOWN, each center terminal contact its upper terminal, the valve still gets 12V and the Trigger is wired to the 12V source so the valve opens. This would be the test position.

If the toggle switch is in the CENTER, the valve does NOT get 12V and will stop where ever it happens to be. One would need to make sure to run the valve in the test position and then flip to the center to kill the power. One would likely do this with the engine stopped. Then flip the switch up to the test position, you should hear it turn and then stop. Then flip to the center position.

Another easy solution with my current sprayer is to park the sprayer, make sure the valves are open and then flip the battery disconnect switch off.

(IMG_1045[1] (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1045[1] (full).JPG (66KB - 73 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)