AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer boom remote
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

2Bale
Posted 3/3/2021 08:31 (#8869896 - in reply to #8869682)
Subject: RE: Sprayer boom remote

tedbear - 3/3/2021 07:15

I agree with the suggestions. I have done this both ways. One method would be to strip the insulation off in a section of the wire going through and wrap the other wire around that bare spot and solder at the junction. Then slide a piece of heat shrink tubing over the junction.

There are also the 2 to 1 butt connectors that are preloaded with some sealant. One needs to be certain that the wires are fully inserted and then given a good strong crimp. Soldering is still the most durable.

I may have been over critical on the use of the Scotch lock in this situation. Since your normal use of the sprayer would involve the wires running "straight through", your Scotch connectors probably wouldn't cause a failure for actual spraying. If worse came to worse and a section valve wouldn't open for normal spraying, you could remove the tee and see if the valve worked properly then and keep spraying.

Alright when my 6 wire controller cable arrives I'll splice it in one of those two ways. I tried to get two wires in the weatherpack connector but sure was a tight fit. I think if I do have problems I can pull out the TEE and troubleshoot the valve as that is one reason for them anyhow. But I do wanna try to get it right the first time. I sure do thank everyone for their good suggestions.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)