AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sprayer boom remote
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/15/2021 17:23 (#8834848 - in reply to #8834639)
Subject: RE: Sprayer boom remote

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I've done a bit of work with Remotes for various situations such as door openers etc. I had one in the past for a sprayer I had for a time.

For that one, I used a system that used a remote fob with several buttons on it. The receiver was mounted in the sprayer and ran off 12V. In that sprayer I was using an Ag Leader system and wired the remote receiver to control some unused inputs. To use it I created a special configuration that infromed the system to watch these "new" inputs instead of the usual ones. I would choose that configuration, pick a test field, start the pump, rev up the engine and walk around the boom using the fob to turn the sections on/off. After testing was complete, I would choose the normal spray configuration where the system watched the usual switches etc.

I'm actually putting the finished touches on one right now for my Hagie sprayer that I purchased late last year. It will be working with unused inputs on my Ag Leader system again but this time I will be controlling them via my iPhone. The system works with my iPad or Android tablet as wel. It uses BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) to communicate with a Microcontroller in a box in the sprayer. The configuration in the sprayer is set to watch these new inputs. The configuration contains a manual speed etc.

This arrangement will use the phone rather than a stand alone remote. Since I will have the phone with me and it will be charged, I won't have to worry about keeping track of the remote, batteries etc.

I have tested it with my InCommand although any Ag Leader display that can work with the Auxiliary Input Module or SC110 smart switch box could work. Here's a picture of what the app looks like on my phone. This can also work with my iPad or Android phone or device.

Another approach that I feel could work would be to have a remote receiver (controlled either by a fob or a phone) connected to a Tee that goes between you EZ-Boom and its cable. This tee would allow the outside device to cycle the boom sections but have diodes so either system could open the section valves but not back feed to the other device. That would mean to test, you would likely need to have the EZ-Boom master On and its sections switches OFF. That way the remote system could turn them on for your observations.

Here's a picture of my phone with the app phone. The screen shows the app with all sections OFF. I can turn any combination of sections ON/OFF by touching the ON or OFF word of each onscreen switch. The second picture is the screen display on the InCommand after turning Sections 1,3 & 5 on with the app. I would usually test one section at a time and then all of them ON together. Since the Ag Leader would be set with a manual speed and usual target rate, this should show the pattern etc. at normal pressure

Edited by tedbear 2/15/2021 17:36

(Hagie (full).JPG)

(Remote_Ex (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Hagie (full).JPG (67KB - 103 downloads)
Attachments Remote_Ex (full).JPG (79KB - 101 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)