AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Champaign County farm land sale
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

clicker
Posted 2/11/2021 23:28 (#8825820 - in reply to #8825799)
Subject: RE: whole different world you live in

Southern IA
blue collar - 2/11/2021 23:03

I'm always amazed at the threads about land parcels in the "I-states". people beating each other up at auction over 23 acres. in most of the Canadian praires and i'm sure most of north and south dakota nothing usually sells smaller than a quarter section. a half section or even a full section isn't uncommon at all. A 23 acre piece here would be likely get seeded to grass for the neighbour cattleman to take one or maybe 2 cuts of hay per year if he feels like he needs it. land here is worth 20% of what central illinois is illinois land likely nets more per acre than we can get for gross revenue per acre so I understand it has real value there, just not here. up here it's thinner margains on larger acres. all what you get used to i guess, land here is just as competitive, just on larger parcels at lower prices. honestly if a 23 acre parcel here came for sale i don't know if the seller would even get one offer.

Guessing that 23 acre strip in illinois would produce more bushels of anything in a year than a quarter section in your neighborhood could. Just think how much less equipment overhead you would need to get the same results.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)