AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/29/2009 23:26 (#697846 - in reply to #694774)
Subject: Re: AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving

I don't know if anyone is still following this, but over the last couple of days, my experimenting has confirmed what tedbear and DG N. AL are saying. My test has been to do what someone recommended and that is simply watch the pressure guage while I switch autoswath on and off. When I get to the end of a pass and autoswath turns my clutches off the pressure guage jerks for lack of a better word. When I switch autoswath on and off, it does not jerk. Therefore, I believe that even though the section lights go gray, the clutches are not turning off. I have noticed that there is no gap in the coverage map as well, which may or may not serve as evidence to support the claim that it does not switch clutches off.

One thing I did discover over the last few days was that even if you have implement switches wired in parallel, they can still cause the clutches to disengage at the wrong time. For me I believe the problem was that I adjusted each implement switch (John Deere button style mounted on parallel arms) so that they were fully depressed when the row unit was hanging in the air. This was a mistake. I now have the implement switch adjusted so that it is as far away as the adjustment will allow it to go when the row unit is hanging. This still results in the the circuit being broken, but makes it so that the circuit does not break as early when the row unit moves down with respect to the frame. So far I have not had any more problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)