AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/27/2009 16:39 (#694774 - in reply to #694340)
Subject: Here's what I saw on my simulator

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I just went through some scenarios on my simulator setup. I have a real Insight connected to an AIM module and a Clutch Control Module. The clutch control module is connected to a valve box simulator which contains four actual electric relays.

The relays are the substitute for the air valves. They provide the electrical load to fool the system to believe that it is connected to a real planter with four air valves. I have the output from these relays go to a Red LED when OFF and a Green LED when ON. This works well for demonstrations.

I had time to test out our concerns about checking autoswath ON while actually planting. The concern was that the screen indicators go from Blue to Gray for a split second and then return to Blue. Our fear was that the clutches might be shutting OFF and then back ON.

From my tests today, I conclude that the screen indicators do go from Blue to Gray and the back to Blue. I checked and unchecked the autoswath box several times. I watched the LED indicators on the valve box while checking autoswath and actually moving. The LEDs always stayed Green and I did not hear the relays "click". I am of the opinion that all is well.

I repeated this same type of test with a spray scenario. For a sprayer I also have a boom indicator. When checking autoswath on the go with a sprayer configuration, the screen indicators stay Blue as expected and do not do the Blue to Gray back to Blue thing. The boom indicators/map/etc. performed as expected.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)