AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/26/2009 09:53 (#693188)
Subject: AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving

For those of you that saw the other thread (and the one that was accidentally deleted) this is a recap.

I have read here on NAT that you are not supposed to use autoswath in the headlands because it will shut off for no apparent reason and then you'll have a skip. I do not understand why that would ever happen and I would like to pretend that I didn't ever hear that and instead just keep using autoswath all the time. This is what I did with the second field and it seemed to work fine but the corn isn't gonna be up for awhile yet so who knows.

On the first field, since I was afraid of autoswath problems, I left autoswath off while doing the headlands except when I was going to need it. When I thought I was going to need autoswath, I turned it on in preperation so the clutches could do their work. It was rather disconcerting to see all the sections on the Insight turn off for about a half of a second as I switched autoswath on. I don't know if the clutches actually turned off or not. I thought maybe it was just a glitch in the display and the clutches were actually staying on, but just in case, I left autoswath on the entire time for the second field. From the previous two threads, it appears that no one really knows for sure what happens. Everyone thinks they know, but there are several who say it works fine and several who say it causes problems so I don't know who to believe.

Honestly, I don't see why you can't just leave autoswath on all the time like I did on the second field. I never saw (on the screen) a clutch turning off unless it was during a time when I thought it should be off. I'm really leaning towards continuing with autoswath on all the time because I really don't like it when I switch autoswath on or off and the display shows all the clutches turning off for an instant.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)