AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/26/2009 13:53 (#693447 - in reply to #693277)
Subject: Re: AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving

I haven't experimented with this yet so I guess I'll just ask. If you have autoswath on, is the master switch the only one that does anything? What if you turned switch 10 off? Would the sections that were mapped to switch 10 run off if you had autoswath on?

I really don't like the way AgLeader does this. We have a TeeJet BoomPilot for spraying and while it's obviously a vastly inferior product to the Insight, it does have some things that I like. When you're in the sprayer and you're wanting the BoomPilot to run the show, you put the BoomPilot on Auto and you turn all of your boom switches to off and take off. As long as you're moving, the booms are on. Let's say for some reason you get to an area that you've already sprayed and you want to spray it again, perhaps with only your far left boom. All you do is leave the BoomPilot on auto, flip your boom 1 switch from the off position to the on position, and it will spray again with boom one even though you're in a part of the field that you've already sprayed.

I would like SeedCommand to work that way. Let's say I'm going around the field clockwise and I have an old boundary that I I think may cause problems on the outside row. I would love to be able to turn switch 1 and 2 on so that the sections associated with switch one and two remain on unless I tell them to go off. As far as I can tell though, with current software, this does nothing for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)