AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/26/2009 09:54 (#693190 - in reply to #693188)
Subject: RE: AgLeader Insight & Seed Command: Checking Autoswath while moving

For those of you who missed the thread that was deleted accidentally, here is what I got from my email and here is tedbear's thread after he saw that it had been deleted.

dpilot83 - 4/25/2009 05:00

For those of you who have had Seed Command on your Insight for a year or so (Tru-Count air clutches), what happens in the field when you switch from Auto-Swath to manual control or the other way around on the go? Does it leave a little skip? I did it maybe twice yesterday and pretty much decided that I wouldn't do it anymore until I knew for sure that it was still planting even though the Insight showed that each row quit for just a half second or so. The planter monitor never beeped at me, but it was such a short period of time that I figured it probably just hadn't had time to register yet.

Thanks.P.S. Torn, if you read this, I feel kinda bad for you after reading all the posts below where people are specifically asking for you in the subject of your post. Maybe you need to have an online consulting service;).

teadbear

I noticed exactly the same situation on several occasions over the last three days of planting. There are times when I wish to switch from Manual to Autoswath on the go (usally when doing Headlands). I too noticed that the screen display appears to go "gray" for a split second.

Since this is my first year with the Tru-Counts, I do not know if the clutches are actually being disengaged as the screen seems to indicate. I think (hope) that the clutches are remaining engaged during this brief switchover.

I guess to be safe, I should stop before making the switch but it is handy to do this on the go

I am hoping that this is the same situation as the on screen map "holes" that appear when you change legends etc. on the go. I notice on my simulator at the store that these "holes" seem to get repaired and filled in on the next legend change but that you create a new "hole" in the current location. These holes are just cosmetic and don't reflect a lack of application.

Considering all that is going on - I guess some of these screen imperpections are understandable.

gradfarmer

We ran the Tru Counts last year and had the same issue. To my knowledge, there is no "fix" for this from Ag Leader yet. As for the skips, it depends on how fast you are traveling. We were told whenever the blue lights go off, the clutches disengage. So again, it depends on your speed. This year I have gotten in the habit of slowing down a gear or two when I need to turn the autoswatch on/off when planting. Had some corn in the ground for just over a week, so I should know in short order with these warm temps. High of 90 yesterday and rain tonight.

mcline

Watch your airpressure gauge to see if the air drops wheb you switch back and forth.

teadbear

Yes, that would work but in my case, I'm doing this at a time when I'm very busy and watching the gauge is not practical.

Since this gray out is for such a short period of time, I was hoping that it was just a screen imperfecton. Time will tell.

DG N. AL

You can switch back and forth between autoswath and Manual all you want with no skips.

Edited by dpilot83 4/26/2009 10:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)