AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good Bye AgTalk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 1/14/2021 21:33 (#8751958 - in reply to #8751143)
Subject: RE: Good Bye AgTalk

South Central MN
Honestly, I think you and others criticizing him for having a thin skin need to re-read what he wrote. He used the word hate twice when saying he hoped he was an exception to the hated engineer group. Hate is a strong word, but describing some of the anti-engineer agtalk posts as juvenile high school hate letters or something along those lines isn't too much of a stretch. I bet after 20 years in the industry he has heard plenty of complaints and that some of them could certainly be described as hate.

Besides, he was not complaining about the haters out there; to the contrary, he was actually agreeing with them. He literally gave a list of 5 flaws that some know-it-all engineers exhibit. He also called out management and corporate procedures, which really do suck. Show me one line in his entire OP where he complained about his customers hating on him or complained about customers hating on his profession in general.

You said "A lot of engineers have little if any stick time and they've often never "wrenched"."

The OP said almost the exact same thing in different words: " I see the same design issues to you see and can not understand why, apart from the fact I have seen so many new engineers who have never touched the type of equipment they will be designing."

Edited by chirpfarm 1/14/2021 21:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)