AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Abandoned township road ownership
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Getinbypd1
Posted 9/30/2020 21:06 (#8523621)
Subject: Abandoned township road ownership

Hello. Would like a few opinions of what I' working with. I have about 240 acre field that access is on a abandoned township road .Two different land owners ( farmer & hunter ) on the side of the field road. The field road moves around a bit on one of the owners land because of low ground area ( pothole ) .The other land owner property is solid brush and trees which is what he wants. My easement for the property passes thru the farmer field over a quarter away and would have me crossing a running creek. My father acquired this partial land in the 50' and never thought about the legal access but it is on my deed but is not used. The township road now stops at the hunters driveway and then the field road ( former township road ) continues thru ( about 1300 ' ) to my farmer able land. I have over the years built the road up from a grass growing strip to a gravel base with side ditches to move the water off of the road . I'm being polite but the the hunter doesn't want anything touched but the brush is pushing on to the field road. And. We are being told that on his forty boundry's are not correct . Apparently there is a property app. That shows the property line and it shows that we are farming his land after we leave the field road. He called my wife twice ( apparently he doesn't have my cell # ) she told him the fence poles where put there 40 years ago so ???? Not sure where this will end. But my question is on the former township road ,how would I go about to get legal access ( hopefully 30 feet or so ) road and side ditches . I believe the farmer will give it to me but pretty sure the hunter won't . I don't want my children to deal with this and I'm not getting any younger. Thanks for your comments.
Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)