AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A dietary diabetic experiment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/8/2020 14:02 (#8483083 - in reply to #8483040)
Subject: supplements

Pittsburg, Kansas

We started out experimenting with a number of different supplements but in the end got off most of them (or will quit them when we run out) and just eat mostly meat with a few vegetables now.

We do try to eat either liver or liverwurst regularly for our vitamins and minerals along with  lots of eggs. We supplement our potassium and magnesium as well as take a fairly complete multi vitamin that also has a number of minerals. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4SJWC0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_...  Take some fish oil and vitamin D3-K2. A little bit of MCT oil and coconut oil in the morning coffee to boost our ketones for brain fuel. Collagen in our morning coffee instead of creamer. I'll put lemon juice in my water regularly and some apple cider vinegar sometimes.

Have a bunch of bottles of various stuff we have tried just as an experiment. Can't say that any of the supplements we have taken has made any noticeable difference but who knows. I think some combination of them constipated me at one time.

I tend to follow Dr Ken Berry who says if a person eats properly they don't need any supplements. I think he is right. We take what we take more as a precautionary, not that I think or have noticed it has done any good.

There are no doubt some "natural" medicines that will affect our physiology. But just like a prescription medicine, even natural medicines are messing with pathways in the body that may improve one symptom only to manifest something else we do not particularly want changed. So I tend to caution on the side of "less is better" when it comes to natural amendments to the body's natural function.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/8/2020 14:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)