AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A dietary diabetic experiment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Curious
Posted 9/7/2020 07:01 (#8480536 - in reply to #8479249)
Subject: RE: A dietary diabetic experiment- "2. It sure tasted good..."

NW IA
Did it? Just an honest question.

Sweet starchy stuff (carbs ain't food) and taste versus food, defined as consisting of essential nutrients ( i.e. fat and protein )

The flavor of a zero carb item, and I will choose beef for this example, has to stand almost alone.

Does ice cream or smashed taters and gravy taste better than, or, for the sake of argument, as good as, steak? Or does it just hit the noggin harder with dopamine and keep on pounding until you just can't find any space to stuff more into the tank?

As soon as the steak is detected in the digestive system it fires up the leptin factory and the fight is on. Your brain is in a tug-of-war between the steak signalling "Stop!" and the dessert arguing that it doesn't hurt enough to stop yet, "Just another bite."

Quick before finishing chores chores poorly written attempt to suggest that taste may have almost nothing to do with consumption volume between fuel choices- the dopamine reward combined with leptin suppression is the carb-loaded entree's advantage.

I have to be honest, I find myself unqualified to comment on whether I no longer enjoy or crave old favorites like taters and sweets, or they just trigger my fear of going back to feeling like warmed over death as the reward I got from hanging out with these old "friends".
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)