AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

regenerative ag vs sustainable ag Need your opinion...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Curious
Posted 9/2/2020 23:33 (#8473228 - in reply to #8472441)
Subject: RE: regenerative ag vs sustainable ag Need your opinion...

NW IA
Question
1. Yes. (As defined and informed by watching Ray Styer, Gabe Brown, and Dave Brandt YouTube videos- IMHO you aren't very familiar with RA if you don't know these guys, particularly the latter two)

2.Trying to be brief, Sustainable- Think of the blind men and the elephant first.
Now, trying to be more helpful, sustainable has an ethical tint to it, re the righteousness of the cause deserving public support due to perceived superiority
in the health of the community derived from the economic stability of small family farms keeping the community alive beyond the farm. Stopping way short
on this one
Regenerative. My impression is that transitioning with the aid of a few chemical interventions on your way to having the soil and livestock cycle all of the nutrients needed
for a closed system is OK. But the goal is to achieve such a healthy bio-system by way of diversity and low or no soil disturbance as to be able to compete
with conventional producers without "sustainable" agriculture's external support such as Community Supported Ag, government programs etc.

3. If by industrial you mean what most would call conventional, that is by far the most widely practiced.

4. I doubt I would fit the definition of sustainable (oily as that term is to get a grip on) of anyone claiming one of the more visible forms as seen in farm magazine articles etc. So I will decline the opportunity to comment on what might offend them.

5. Born in the 50's if I understand your last line.

So much that could be said. This response fits the BTN category, Better Than Nothing?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)