AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

regenerative ag vs sustainable ag Need your opinion...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 9/2/2020 20:42 (#8472853 - in reply to #8472441)
Subject: RE: regenerative ag vs sustainable ag Need your opinion...

Kettle Moraine, WI
I have heard of regenerative agriculture.

Difference I understand between the two is sustainable is long used term and some people needed a new, hip, and edgy term to apply to their sales thus regenerative was born. The large chemical companies haven't yet used it in their marketing. Regenerative is close to renewable in word usage. Regenerative must be better than sustainable because it is new.

The most practiced agriculture is regenerative. Every year seeds sprout, perennials reawaken, and animals reproduce. Globally, agriculture has been regenerative since nomads followed herds of wild animals in first acts of husbandry and seeds were first cultivated. Industrial ag has more to do with processors and less to do with independent thinking farmers. Sustainable farming continues as long as a piece of land doesn't permanently exit agriculture.

Yields and food production are rising globally every year. Sustainable might be an insult to just stay status quo. Regenerative happens by nature. And conventional is leading the rising global production. I am more offended by groups trying to put labels on things instead of using the efforts to improving the results.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)