AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paper Bag suppliers and issue with one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mikeswoh
Posted 8/3/2020 21:21 (#8413775 - in reply to #8413239)
Subject: RE: Paper Bag suppliers and issue with one

Plate charge is legit but one time and it is a low margin business so they don't want to pay credit card fees. Ever buy a transport of fuel, chemicals, or fertilizer and put it on a discover or amex? If so you didn't get max discounts or paid a credit card upcharge. The credit app is GENERIC, I bet if you pick up the phone and call the them you could get by with a couple references and send them a check. Prices seem roughly in line iirc and they seem to know stuff for a $2k scam.

Not to be rude but you millennial's crack me up, I could never conduct business solely on email. All of your problems could be solved with a phone call and giving them permission to call your bank and supplier verifying your credit worthiness ( acct balances not necessary just acct in good standing) . All they want to know is your not a scum bag or dead beat. Send them a check and should be fine. I have been asked to fill out same credit app and I just pick up the phone and tell company its a little too invasive for a cash customer. I fill out about half of it give them a couple phone numbers and its no problem. This place is in driving, distance put on a mask and drive there and shake the guys hand (with glove on of course)

Are bags made overseas? Could take months to get if so but will be worth wait in savings.

If you would put up over a $1k to do business with someone you have only exchanged emails with, I have a Nigerian Prince that's a friend of mine that needs help moving money and will pay you well for your effort.

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I spoke the truth. Sorry if you don't like it

Edit: So did they refuse to take a check or you just upset about plate charge? Like I said plate charge is legit could've been oversight on emails. Some companies may eat it if you give minimum order or are established. Have you thought of a generic bag and sewing a tag on it with your company name and label it would save you some money. Who are you marketing 50 lbs bags of popcorn too may determine which way you should go.

Edited by mikeswoh 8/3/2020 21:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)