AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paper Bag suppliers and issue with one
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lawfarms
Posted 8/5/2020 00:07 (#8416055 - in reply to #8414570)
Subject: RE: Paper Bag suppliers and issue with one

King City, Mo
I dont finance my seed, fertilizer or chem. Repairs I pay for. Typically pre pay for seed and cash and carry chems ect. I don’t buy things unless I have the money on hand to pay for it other then our land/house/barn.

When I worked at the seed co they did in-house financing and would send seed on a persons word until they got burnt on one deal and then tried a third party credit app that nobody got approved for that applied so went back to doing some in-house when I quit. I delt with weeds, soil, marketing not financials.

At Lowe’s and menards I filled out a credit app to get the store card for discounts and rewards when we built our house. That was several years ago and i think I did it over the phone.

My wife said we aren’t emailing bank account info when I asked her.

I never asked for 20k bags. I asked for minimum order as i am hoping to have 40-80,000# to bag this fall/winter. So don’t really even need 5k but was gonna buy that many and store em.

I bought a $3k bagging head and the place from Springfield delivered it and took a check no credit app or anything. I had said I would drive down when we weren’t busy on sweet corn and they said we can pick one up in Kansas City and bring it by the farm and they did.

Our local bank had a block on all online transactions and said to use a credit card for several years as info got compermized so they just blocked it all. So that’s added to me being gun shy with sharing bank info.

I asked the salesman if the $2475 was correct for 5k bags and he emailed back yes within 10%.

(C59FC606-A449-4638-B14C-AE6CEB144DEC (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments C59FC606-A449-4638-B14C-AE6CEB144DEC (full).png (140KB - 43 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)