AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do - german version
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Abelsron
Posted 8/2/2020 05:12 (#8410009 - in reply to #8409996)
Subject: RE: What would you do - german version

NC Iowa Thompson
I am no expert in other people’s live, but have been married 44 years , went Thur a family farm situation where my father retired, things were in ok shape but they went Thur depression, so a lot of updating needed to be done, There were times I did not speak to my father for a long time , difference ideas , First you and your wife have to take time as twins an children can change a lot of thinking, . You and your wife have to be on the same page, your dads dreams do not have to be your dreams , with both of you having good jobs be very careful about the love of farming, the drive to farm is one thing the cost to farm and make a living,
In our family I have 3 sons and I hate to say it but none of them married a farming wife, I love all my daughter in law but farming is different way of life and they do not understand the sacrifice you go through to get to the other side, I made it though but there are times I sure wished I would of listened to others, 401 k ,vacationS family time , date nights ,ect you get the picture, just be true to yourself and your wife and talk it out, If you ever get a chance to to a Joleen Brown seminar , a lady speaker that went through what your going through.
Good luck and God Bless
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)