AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What would you do - german version
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

thewanderer
Posted 8/2/2020 15:03 (#8411043 - in reply to #8409996)
Subject: RE: What would you do - german version

Germany
Wow, thanks for the many ideas already. Lots of interesting points mentioned. I'll try to answer a few questions as time allows.

I come from the middle of Germany, State is called Hessen. I know East Frisia, very nice people there, lots of dairy.

Very good points on getting on the same page with my wife. I guess this is where I was going with this. Lots of discussions needed, but this is where we struggle atm. I like the idea of a fixed time for that. Our understanding of farm life seems to differ, something I missjudged earlier in our relationship. We absolutly have to work on that.

Maybe I highlighted my dad too strong. But you are right, as long as nothing is in writing, nothing is mine. And as long as he is around it will be hard to overcome him. Luckily I do get paid and there are hired people already, so not being there is no big difference. So far I am not ready to walk away.

Not sure if having high expectations is a german trait, but it does run in my family. :-)

I like the idea of having my wife run the farm. She would be very capable, but obviously very different to my parents. Something every single one of us four is afraid of. My parents because it is not their way, I presume my wife fears failure, and I fear having to hold it all together.

Thanks again. More later, babies to feed.

Edited by thewanderer 8/2/2020 15:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)