AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PP decisions made already anywhere
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JonSCKs
Posted 5/22/2020 09:44 (#8273219 - in reply to #8273193)
Subject: The Dakota's alone are 4.5 million acres. "80% of Corn seed being returned."

The Dakota's alone are 4.5 million acres left to go as of Last Sunday.  In North Dakota.. very little is being done.. per contacts.. Scott L.. stopped by last week on his way home.. I just talked to him.

They have 0.0 acres of Corn in the Ground.. they STILL have 2019 Corn standing in the field to harvest.

"80% of the Corn seed is expected to be returned here."  

They have till the 30th to plant.. but the county to the north is the 25th.

"After last year's experience of trying to get it in.. nobody is in the mood to mud this crop in.. and when we try.. we just bury it."  So far he's been able to mud in some soybeans on some tiled ground.

The difference between last year and this year is that we in the Southern states flexed out of Soybeans into Corn.. that is why even though there was a lot of PP'd corn.. the big hit was in Soybeans as some (us) flexed soybean acreage into Corn.. but given the prices this year.. that probably will not happen.

Now we'll see how the Double crop goes.. we may go Sorghum this year vs Soybeans.. if everyone is gonna run to the Soybean side of the boat.

fwiw.

I can see PP corn acreage being as large nation wide as last year.. "80% of the corn seed being returned.. " it doesn't take too many area's of THAT to really add up.

Some dryland area's to my west.. neighbor put out 2,000 acres of Dryland corn last year.. this year 0.0

All summed 90 to 93 million acres gets in.. is my guess.

Edited by JonSCKs 5/22/2020 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)