AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

COVID herd immunity vs survival of the fittest- big difference
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 4/7/2020 09:04 (#8171307 - in reply to #8171213)
Subject: RE: Excellent post JD

nsk - 4/7/2020 08:27

Unfortunately most of what you just said flew over the head of the "you want people to die" crowd. I had a question for you in another post, did you and your wife have cv-19 and if you did would you be willing to share your experience?

I am pretty sure we did, but no positive test. Our kids had coughs. That was not unusual so we did not think much of it. Then our son with asthma got a secondary sinus infection. We took him in and he got antibiotics an tested negative for both flues. All 4 boys got coughs and then my wife got it. She too has asthma and she could feel it settling in her lungs. She finally went to the emergency room and they treated her as if she had COVID. The nurse was all suited up and the doctor did a video conference. He said she had a moderate case if it was COVID-19. All the lobes of her lungs had been affected. She was sent home and we were quite nervious. She slept in the recliner to try to keep her lungs open and she took her asthma inhaler quite a bit. I started to get some phlegm in my throat and a little cough. Then 2 weeks ago Friday I got a 103.7 fever that lasted about 4 hours. Then it went down and I had a low fever for a couple of days. I was not that uncomfortable except for slight body aches. The high fever was very uncomfortable, but I slept through most of that. I felt much better by the next Tuesday so I went out and painted trim on the shed and put some soffits on the garage. I worked less than 4 hours and got really winded. I went into the house and sat down on the recliner and felt zapped. I then got another fever. I took it easy for a couple more days and then was fine, but a bit tired. Last week I felt great. I have had sinus infections that were more uncomfortable, but the stuff in my lungs made this more scary.

I told my wife I want her to post about her experience as well. Hopefully she replies to this. She actually was able to get a test and hers came back negative, but we found out later that there are up to 30% false negatives. Both the New York Times and Boston Post or Globe have reported on this as has our local hospital. FDA even has a document that says that false negatives are common, so we are looking more at symptoms than the test at this point. She also tested negative for influenza A and B. The wife and kids are all better now too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)