AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Project for this week
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 4/5/2020 07:25 (#8165751 - in reply to #8165584)
Subject: RE: Project for this week

North Central Illinois
Could it be possible that social distancing is working to some degree and keeping death rate down? Social distancing is obviously much easier to do successfully in rural and less densely populated areas. Bigger cities are being slammed and I don’t think the actual death toll will be known for some time. What could you possibly hope to gain by driving by a local hospital right now? Hospitals are pretty much on lockdown other than staff. I wouldn’t expect the parking lots to be full. A hospital could be overflowing with patients and you wouldn’t be able to tell it by driving by. Many of us personally know doctors and nurses that are working on the frontline in some of the bigger cities. The stories they tell are pretty scary. I can tell you they are taking this thing seriously and are scared to death. The fact that you know a couple of doctors or nurses that think this thing is a joke doesn’t surprise me. Doctors are human too. They aren’t all far left, bleeding heart, liberal, snowflakes. I am sure there are quite a few far right, conspiracy theory believing, a-holes who think it is a scam. It would be no shocker to find a few of them with this attitude in a small town setting that has not had a Covid19 patient yet. Luckily I believe the majority of medical professionals are more middle of the road with at least a smattering of compassion and common sense but not a sense of let’s all jump out the window in panic. I’ve had the misfortune to be in contact with a lot of doctors lately and they are all taking things very seriously but not jumping off the deep end.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)