AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nursing home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 4/4/2020 07:12 (#8162925 - in reply to #8162588)
Subject: RE: Nursing home

sw ontario
Brandon - 4/3/2020 23:44
Whether I like it or not, I'm responsible for an elderly man who was placed in nursing home care against his wishes about a year ago. He had named me POA a few years prior. I am not family, but I consider this person a friend.
Unfortunately, with the COVID-19 issue, I now cannot go see him to help me make better decisions and get more comfortable with the care he is receiving.
Basically, I'm looking for some advice and looking for others' experiences with nursing home facilities in these types of situations. Should I fully trust he is getting good care and make decisions for him based on what they tell me?

Yes , you have to trust the nursing home......Sadly , young & old are for now going to be diying alone .....We have 3 parents 88+ , both Mothers living alone at home and F-I-L in long term care (dementia) , wife has a couple of nurses she really rusts so she regularly calls them ....Those working in health care today are under extreme pressure & stress....Don't beat yourself up as somebody else put you in this position and sounds like you handled it properly
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)