AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Nursing home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 4/3/2020 23:04 (#8162620 - in reply to #8162588)
Subject: RE: Nursing home

southern MN
I feel for you.

It was kind of hard taking care of dad at the end, similar in that it was difficult to visit him. Couldn’t have much of a visit, don’t think he remembered anything, but he sure made a person feel bad.

With the virus stuff going on, you are really in uncharted waters here, is seems so difficult to do anything at this time. Be hard to get him in anywhere or arrange care for him I don’t know where to begin with the challenges in society right now.

My wife’s mom is in a home, they can’t see her, it’s just very tough situation. She is good enough to chat with when you are there, but when you call her on the phone she gets absent minded and might just hang up on you, or set the phone down, or some such within 3 minutes, well then what.....

Friends of ours their brother is in Texas, he is in a bad way with a broken or chipped back, and some infections, and some heart issues. All alone there he has not gotten the best of care no one to advocate for him this has gone on for over 3 months now. They want to bring him back here, but with lock downs and waiting isolation periods and all, it has been a nightmare to sort out. Since the virus seems to be coming here now, then what if they bring him here will there be any doctor to even look at him and start him as a new case. Just a nightmare to deal with.

I don’t have any help, but I have sympathy and empathy for the situation. I’m sure others will huff and puff about it and shoulda this and shoulda that, but not me.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)