AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sustainable diet plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

NE Soil Builder
Posted 3/13/2020 15:54 (#8101985 - in reply to #8090557)
Subject: RE: Sustainable diet plan

nebraska

deeretech1989 - 3/8/2020 20:55 What are some diet/exercise plans you guys do to lose weight? I tried the low carb thing about 10 years ago and i stuck to it for most of a year, dropped 30lbs just changing the way I eat. Felt great. Then started to cave little by little eating pizza during family/friend gatherings and that led to a little more, then next thing you know I gained back more than I lost. About a year ago in the winter I started going to the gym every morning before work, either did exercise bike or elliptical or both. Lost almost 20 lbs, then farming season started and work started an hour earlier during busy farming times and didn’t find the time to go much. Ended up slowly gaining back more than I lost there too. I started going back to the gym again a few days a week but it doesn’t seem to be as effective as it did a year ago. I have a 45-50 hr/week job, help on the family farm whenever I can, raising twin 2 year old toddlers, Volunteer firefighter, and trustee at church. Time to cook healthy meals is few and far between, my wife does a lot of the cooking, bless her heart. At work I usually end up grabbing lunch uptown almost every day but I do a lot of chef salads from local mom and pop place or subway. Not much greasy fast food at all. I don’t drink pop much at all. With a busy lifestyle, what are some things you guys do to drop weight? I asked the doctor about going low carb again and she said basically she wouldn’t recommend because since I caved once I’d prob my do it again and she wants me to do something that I can stick to for 5+ years. I’m a big guy and losing 75+lbs would be a good thing for me as I want to spend good time being active with my kids. I am on my feet all day at work and don’t have a lot of gas in the tank when I get home, let alone during farming season. I do not have any food allergies. Just looking for something relatively easy to stick to (I know, aren’t we all). Thanks in advance!

Sounds to me like no matter what you do, you won't stick with it. If you won't get rid of the SAD, you will never lose weight and KEEP it off.Very simple. Change your diet, and lose the weight. And stick with eggs, meat, vegetables, and fish. No grains, No sugar. You can do it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)