AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sustainable diet plan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/9/2020 15:29 (#8092039 - in reply to #8092031)
Subject: getting the word out next to impossible

Pittsburg, Kansas
I know the feeling. Know of an aquaintnece just the same. Went on insulin about a year ago. Was already half as big as a barn and now takes a barn door to pass through. I bet exogenous insulin packed on 40 pounds on this person in six months.

Looks at my wife and I but will not listen to a word if we try to make the least bit of suggestion there might be another way. As they inject the insulin under the table like I used to do and then eat their mashed potatoes and gravy or baked potato (like I used to do). Oh, but they do eat a "healthy" salad and "healthy" fish (covered in breading - ugg). I will say that at least lately they are pushing the bread basket away. Little miracles are better than none I suppose.

Been there, done that, ain't going back. I figure the best I can be for the situation is a good example. They sure ain't gonna listen to anything they don't already believe because that is what the "experts" tell them and what they learned in school 30 years ago in their one class in nutrition. I'm lucky in that respect. I had no nutrition class to poision my mind.

John

Edited by John Burns 3/9/2020 15:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)