AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hiring help in the Agronomy world
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Excalibur
Posted 4/16/2019 10:08 (#7442460 - in reply to #7442148)
Subject: RE: Hiring help in the Agronomy world

SC WI
nviney - 4/16/2019 07:05

I worked in as both an agronomist and a applicator for 3 different companies in southern Wisconsin. The warranty work does not come out of the applicators pocket, product performance is paid for either by the chemical company or company doing the spraying. Application errors were also cover by applying company. It might affect a discretionary bonus of the applicator if the screw up to much.

I’ll have to disagree. I’ll expand on the topic. If it is wrong chemical applied, there is insurance for that, also it is usually a manager mixing the chemicals not the operator, Also if chemicals are ineffective, or not proper rates. I was referring to operator error, spraying wrong field, plugged nozzle, leaving streaks, not covering all headlands and so on.

I’ll also reiterate that the truly good sprayer operators, get fed up with the job, quit and start their own businesses. Happened twice locally in the last 5 years. When they start their own custom application, most of their clients are poached from previous employer. Lol.

Edited by Excalibur 4/16/2019 10:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)